A perfectionistic labor of love, Transistor’s soundtrack was meticulously crafted in tandem with the rest of the game. "Build That Wall" features the voice of Ashley Lynn Barrett, "What's Left Undone" features that of Cunningham and "Mother, I'm Here" features Korb, and both Korb and Barrett perform in "Setting Sail, Coming Home". Recent Posts. https://hades.fandom.com/wiki/Darren_Korb?oldid=8954. Logan Cunningham: I don't think 'voice actor in residence' is regular at all, no. Hire voice actor Samuel Korbli and get professional voice over for your project. There didn't really seem to be anything else I was particularly good at. Korb is best known for composing the music featured in Bastion, Transistor, and Pyre, all of which were developed by indie developer Supergiant Games. Despite this, his voice actor is Darren Korb, who is the composer for the game's soundtrack and Orpheus' singing voice. https://www.gravyforthebrain.com/how-to-become-a-voice-actor Prior to the studio’s most recent roguelike, Korb also wrote scores for Bastion, Transistor, and Pyre. Big thanks to Toivo Kallio for editing and He is also credited for additional voices. The voice behind Korg is none other than the film's director, Taika Waititi. Pegasus voiced by Frank Welker. [2][4] On Bastion, a long-time friend of Korb's, Ashley Barrett, would provide the voice of Zia, as well as the vocals on the soundtrack. Special thanks to Callum Tennick for editing. We recently spoke to Hades composer and Zagreus voice actor Darren Korb about Supergiant's latest game. Hades is a rogue-like dungeon crawler from the creators of Bastion and Transistor, in which you defy the god of death as you hack and slash your way out of the Underworld of Greek myth. A roguelike masterpiece, combining frantic action with Supergiant’s signature charm and character. Korb served as the composer for the 2017 Supergiant release, Pyre. A childhood friend of Amir's, Darren likewise hails from the exciting and completely flat city of San Jose, CA, which afforded him with the peace and solitude in which to follow his muse and hone his musical craft from a young age (and play a lot of D&D). All event videos are available on YouTube and Twitch, including Finals and guest interviews such as with Amir Rao (Studio Director of Supergiant Games), Courtney Vineys (Voice Actor: Dusa, Aphrodite) and Darren Korb (Music, Audio, Voice Actor: Zagreus, Skelly)! [3], A childhood friend of Supergiant Games co-founder Amir Rao, Korb was selected to write the music for Bastion. Like other Vortians, he is shown to have sharp carnivorous teeth. Darren Korb, Composer: Bastion. Zagreus Voice Actor / Zagreus was a minor god in greek mythology, usually conflated with the god of wine, dionysus. We recently spoke to Hades composer and Zagreus voice actor Darren Korb about Supergiant's latest game. Darren Korb is a composer and actor, known for Bastion (2011), Transistor (2014) and Hades (2018). [11] Rapper Ab-Soul sampled "The Bottom Feeders" off of the Bastion soundtrack on his song, "Terrorist Threats". Darren Korb Latest News Everybody Hates Chris Animated Reboot in the Works Gotham Knights Pushed Back To 2022 Rugrats Reboot Voice Cast Skate-Leading Stars English Voice Cast The Runaway Bunny … He watches over the procession of newly-arrived shades coming before Hades, checking their names off his list. The game was directed by Amir Rao and Greg Kasavin wrote the game's narration, which was spoken by Logan Cunningham. Yeah the voice acting is phenomenal, especially Logan Cunningham and his voice work as Hades himself and Achilles. Darren Korb — who wears the songwriter, composer, and voice actor hats in Hades — has a long history of working with Supergiant Games. Voice. Korb is best known for writing the music featured in Bastion, Transistor, Pyre and Hades, all of which were developed by indie developer Supergiant Games. “Greg Kasavin [Hades’ Creative Director] had a pretty clear idea of what Zagreus should be like, and [Art Director] Jen Zee’s concept art gave us all an idea of what this guy should sound like. He wears a deep bluish, grey, and green tunic … Inviting, exciting, excellent. However, when it comes to voice actor salary, there is no easy answer to your earning potential. Korb described the genre of the Hades soundtrack as "Mediterranean Prog-Rock Halloween". Hire Voice Actor Edward Korb Today on Voice123. [1], Korb attended Bellarmine College Preparatory high school in San Jose, California. Seriously, you should see the photos. Hades composer Darren Korb – who is also the voice behind the game’s protagonist Zagreus – recently confirmed that Loki himself Tom Hiddleston was one of the influences behind finding the voice … Hades (2020) Korb served as the composer for the 2020 Supergiant release, Hades, as well as the voice actor for the main character, Zagreus, a minor character, Skelly, and the singing voice of Orpheus. Sam chats with voice artist Doug Cockle, widely known for his portrayal of Geralt in The Witcher series as well as many other great roles!. You must allow access to the microphone to start recording an audio message. [2] He was also a member of the NYC band Audio Fiction and was the co-founder, as well as a current member of NYC indie band, Control Group. If you’re lucky, you may be one of the very few who make millions doing the job they love. Zagreus as a character wasn’t necessarily molded around Korb as an actor. BOTTOM LINE. [9][10] A physical CD version of the soundtrack was released on September 2, 2011. All Rights Reserved. Korb served as the composer for the 2020 Supergiant release, Hades, as well as the voice actor for the main character, Zagreus, a minor character, Skelly, and the singing voice of Orpheus. If you have a voice that has all the qualities that make it to the voice actor’s profile, then it is your chance! [8] The soundtrack would go on to sell 30,000 copies by November 2011. Wow, kudos! For me, that's the main consideration that affects my writing process. darren korb bastion; Special Education and the Juvenile Justice System. In just one production alone, Roger voiced more than 170 characters for the Emmy award-winning Cartoon Network series Regular Show. Korb served as the composer for the 2017 Supergiant release, Pyre. Korb puts a lot of himself on show through his work without seeming the least bit ‘showy.’ His multi-instrumental performances make up the vast majority of Supergiant Games’ soundtracks, and his voice acting is a confident constant in Hades. Korb described the genre of the Hades soundtrack as "Mediterranean Prog-Rock Halloween". Darren Korb (born November 5, 1983) is an American songwriter and composer. I already was a fan of his due to his portrayal of the Bastion narrator and the Transistor from Transistor, but damn this made me like him even more. In 'Gateless', for example, the piece is in five but the bass line for the B section is in three, so it ends up feeling really tense. All original content © 2009-2020 Inyxception Enterprises, Inc. DBA Behind The Voice Actors. Juvenile Justice Bulletin; SUMMER SERIES; SPRING SERIES; WINTER SERIES Take a visual walk through his career and see 7 … As a Vortian, he has digitigrade legs and stands on the tips of his feet. I looked it up myself when I got the game and heard Zag's voice and was curious if it was the same dude that did the voice of Red's Lover in Transistor. Korb also mentioned Asa Butterfield as another actor he “looked at a little bit to get the vibe,” but it was mainly Loki who became the voice actor’s muse. Bastion was created by a team of seven people, who composed the studio Supergiant Games.It was the company's first game. Having an engineering background[clarification needed], Korb went to New York University for music production and music business. Beyond the music, Korb is officially Supergiant’s “sound designer,” in charge of the games’ sound effects and the general audio direction. [2] Prior to his work with Supergiant Games, he worked on minor television and film projects. Darren Korb is an American songwriter, composer, and voice actor. [16] On their collaboration, Korb stated, "after working with Ashley on a couple projects now, I feel like I've gotten a better sense of how to write for her voice. Zagreus has always had a sense that he doesn't belong in the House of Hades. This didn’t affect my review at all, I just wanted to brag. [15] Korb worked with Barrett once again on Transistor, as she voiced the game's protagonist, Red. Korb is best known for composing the music featured in Bastion, Transistor, and Pyre, all of which were developed by indie developer Supergiant Games. Logan Cunningham, Supergiant's voice-actor-in-residence, was responsible for the Storyteller, as well as Poseidon, Asterius the minotaur, Hades himself, Achilles, and all … Big thanks to Toivo Kallio for editing and Jen Zee was the artist, Gavin Simon developed the gameplay, Andrew Wang helped develop the game, and Darren Korb handled the sound effects and music. I have been writing a lot about Hades recently, so it should come as no surprise that I wanted to have a chat with Hades composer and Zagreus actor Darren Korb. There didn't really seem to be anything else I was particularly good at. I also tend to use a lot of chords with close intervals for tension building as well. Korb stated that he worked closely with Ashley Barrett, the game’s lead voice actor, to create musical pieces that accompanied and complimented her voice appropriately. Language: Voice language: Voice: Voice: This user has text to speech enabled. Birth Place: San Jose, California, USA. Bill Korb - Professional Profile, Photos on Backstage - Voice Actor/Caster Customers I looked it up myself when I got the game and heard Zag's voice and was curious if it was the same dude that did the voice of Red's Lover in Transistor. We deliver voices fast & affordably with 100% satisfaction guaranteed. Darren Korb is an American songwriter, composer, and voice actor. Hades. He was going to make another appearance in the canceled episode "The Trial". "[15], Like Bastion, Transistor's music received positive reception;[13] TouchArcade claimed, "Darren Korb's music is astounding, rich and evocative as it echoes across the game and perfectly complements the bright yet mysterious world of Transistor". With Logan Cunningham, Darren Korb, Marianne Miller, Peter Canavese. [4][5] Korb describes the music on Bastion as "acoustic frontier trip-hop", combining "heavily sampled beats in layers, along with acoustic elements". Hades composer Darren Korb – who is also the voice behind the game’s protagonist Zagreus – recently confirmed that Loki himself Tom Hiddleston was one of the …